LaTonja - Coralville, Iowa

Over and over again people have judged someone from what they heard and not from what they know about that person. This is called changing your reputation. This mostly happens during your teen years because a lot of things can happen that will either make your reputation look good or bad. Some people just change so they can fit in a crowd and doesn’t even realize that it can hurt people ideas of you. I know plenty of people at my school, West High, that change for different types of people just so they can be cool. I believe that all you have to do is believe in yourself and other will believe in the person you are. Pleasing someone can be good at times but not as your number one agenda because they are not the ones that will put you ahead in life. Trust me; I was one of those people who would do anything to let the popular kids even say my name. When I found out that they were saying my name I thought it was a good thing, think again. They were saying the wrong things about me and it really hurt me bad. I realize that I shouldn’t have these people talk about me in a bad way but in a good way. I was in 7th grade when that event happened and now that I’m a senior in high school, I have a better idea in who is my number one agenda and that is me. All I have to say is that, you should bring out your own personality because having your own is what makes you unique. I know that having my own personality have made me receive a good reputation that I have today. It only depends on what type of personality you have deep inside of you; it can either better you or make your hole deeper in what people think about you. Be yourself, respect yourself and don’t listen to what people say because words shouldn’t really hurt that bad!!! Never Change For Anybody!!!!!