Kyle - Beaverton, Oregon

“This I Believe”

It’s the end of the day, you get out of class and go home. It’s time to hang out with friends and family right? Wrong! It’s time for more homework, even though you just got home from school you still need to do even more. Some people think it is a good thing to have homework, and some people like me, don’t, this I believe.

School is great, all your friends are there, and you get a good education. One thing that always bothers me is homework. Why do you need it? In my mind I think everything should be done while you are at school. I mean your at school for seven hours a day. I think that is enough time to get in what you need to.

For one thing, during a school day, there are many things that are just a waste of time and doesn’t need to happen. I mean come on, you don’t need as many assembles as schools give out as just time wasters. If you cut stuff like lunch, passing time, and other stuff you don’t need. Of course, some people say that you need a ten minute passing time when schools are so crowded. But I don’t think so because I go to a large school which is pretty crowded but people still find time to hang out with friends and do other tasks. If you cut it out of school there would be more time to study at school and do your homework at school.

When I get home from school all I want to do is hang out with friends and family. I don’t want to go home and do more school work. Kids only have a limited amount of time spent with there families. A way to increase this time is to cut out homework and do it at school. How much time you spend with your family has a big impact on how you turn out when you get out of school and into the real world.

Once again I love school and being there, but getting homework every day is just not a good idea, this I believe. You need time to hang out with your friends and with your family. I think that is the most important thing when you are young and still with your family. This I Believe.