Shane - portland, Oregon

Most people put family before everything else. Family to them maybe the only people they can truly trust. While friends may steal, rob and possibly tell lies about you. Although I love my family I also need my friends. My friends some boys, some girls all mean a lot to me but it’s my best friends I trust most. My best friends are almost family and id do almost just as much for them. In some aspects I can trust my friends more then my family, which may sound a little harsh but me and my friends have something that me and my family cant. Although family will always have your back in some cases family’s disagree with your decisions or possibly even your belief’s while carefully chosen friends can help council which your parents cant.

For instance my cousin on my dad’s side Josh. Who’s a year younger then me. Just like my dads a year old then his dad. Growing up I didn’t have brothers so my cousin took place of the little brother I always wanted. Growing up we’d always fight about stupid stuff and I’d always end up making him cry by the end. One thing that would always bother me was how id get a new sweatshirt or start wearing new clothes and he’d totally copy me and get almost the same stuff. But as we got older we both matured and when ever he started coming over he’d start taking stuff of mine like a CD or a shirt. Well I thought at least I was mature until I started taking stuff of his when id go to his house.

The moral of the story is although my family is very important to me in many cases my best friends are more trust worthy and show me more respect then even my close family does. And because of this is the reason I have the highest regard for my friends and would do a lot for any of them. The best way I can say it is an old saying “You can choose your friends but you can’t choose your family.”