Whitney - Portland, Oregon

Without compassion, you won’t love, and without love, you won’t live. Everyone is capable of loving someone, something, or some place. I believe that with love, you can accomplish anything.

Love comes from passion, and I know that if you are passionate about something, not only will you enjoy it more but you will be more successful as well. One of my goals in life is to love my job. Money is not a huge factor to consider for my career. If I like getting up and going to work everyday, that is enough to bring me happiness. If you want to form strong friendships, a necessary component is love.

I put out a true effort to get to know people and one of the most important aspects of my life is my relationships with other people. Remember the golden rule? Treat other people the way you want to be treated. If your friends know that you love and care about them, not only will they feel appreciated, but so will you. It is rewarding to give someone a gift, just like it is to love someone else. You should take everyone and everything around you into consideration.

You can do great things for our world if you show people the love you have to offer. Everyone has heard of karma-good or bad. Showing that you’re there, could mean a simple helping hand to a stranger or picking up a piece of trash on the sidewalk. It’s the little things that count. When others see the compassion you express, they will pass it on, and the people who notice their loving actions will pass it on to someone else. Staying positive can help, once selfish and pessimistic people, have an optimistic outlook on life.

I had a huge decision to make last April; to quit my competitive cheer squad and focus on applying to colleges and my difficult classes or to stick it out for my senior year of high school. I have cheered for the last five years and it is my passion-something I truly love. I chose school over cheer. My grades and my future we’re more important to me than a sport that all of my friends were in at the time. Through this whole process of not cheerleading, I discovered a new love of mine. I had always painted in my past art classes but not like I paint now. It is relief and my relaxation. I can sit and paint for hours on end and never get bored. From losing one love, I found a whole new one, and I couldn’t be happier. After all, that’s what love is all about right?

Next time you choose a job, make a friend, or help out our environment, you might just find a new love. By showing everyone and everything you care, Love can accomplish great things; this I believe.