Jason - Portland, Oregon
Themes: respect

What I Believe

I believe a Job interview should go by your answers and not your looks or personality.

Everyone wants a job, and just because of what your religious belief, or social life, shouldn’t be a factor in the job your applying for. There is one way a head boss/ interviewer could find out more about you, which is an unfair judgment, Myspace.

Myspace is a place where people can get to know you more, and or judge you…. Your boss could easily look your profile up and see, oh he’s Atheist or he’s bi/gay, or he swears allot. A job should go by answers you give.

Another thing if you have a job, and you get fired for stealing or someone complains that you had a bad attitude, No this should not be judgable, everyone deserves a second chance, if noone had a second chance, noone would get another job.

If your late for your job, your your boss that would be a bad impression from you to him. If you call in sick a few days in a row, you could have a boss who does not tolerate that and could have a penalty for it.

Job interviews are always based on your appearances, why must you be judged by looks? If there is a job you have been wanting and you come on to hard, or you try to be funny to much, they will say you have a chance, but that’s them saying don’t even expect a phone call back.

Is it the interviewer or the government? Does the government tell the interviewer what kind of person they want to take the job.

I had a job interview a few months ago, they took one look at me and I saw their minds went blank with confusion, I don’t know what they wanted out of me, but they still gave me an interview, but I did not get the job.

The next time I went in for an interview, I just dressed as myself, and the next thing I knew it, I was working making minimum wage at a grocery store.

its great how some jobs you don’t have to dress unlike yourself, you just have to be yourself.

But then again you will have these interviews where you have to act like a totally new person, and dress like a new person. If that’s the case I don’t think that job would be worth taking.