Freedom of Choice

Rebecca - Portland, Oregon
Themes: freedom

I’m the type of person who likes to figured things out hands on rather than being told what’s right from wrong. I also like to dress the way that I like instead of worrying about what’s “hot” that week. I am also a strong believer in my opions, and no one can make me change my mind because they think it’s the right decision. This I believe is freedom of choice.

I think that only you know what’s best for you. It you always listen to what other’s expect then you will never actually experience anything on your own, and you’ll aways be looking for that person guiding you throuh life instead of managing on your own. It’s also important that you don’t let people tell you what to do, because what makes them more right than you? Maybe something doesn’t feel right to one person but it feels perfect for you. The only way that you will get ahead in life is if you take risks, and find out what suits you and what doesn’t.

A life story of mine that has to do with freedom of choice happens everyday for me. It simply comes down to my own decisions that I make for myself each and everyday, Monday through Sunday. For example I choose what to wear, and where I shop for my clothes. I don’t stress out about “what will other people think if I wear this?” Or if that certain type of clothing was “popular” last year. If I like it I wear it. I never have been a fan of people telling me what to do, which can be difficult at times. For example in school, at times it bugs me when teachers give out a project and its due the next class, I would rather be able to take my time instead of rushing trying to get it done so it fis the teachers expectations.

Deciding on your education and future should be your decision, not everyone else’s. If you want to go into a certain field or a certain college, then go for it. Who care’s if it’s not Stanford, or Harvard. You’re the one living that life so why not make it the way that you want it to be? It’s important that your happy with the decisions in life that you make, because you’re in charge and if you don’t like something, change it so it fits that mold of how you’ve always pictured your life to turn out like.

This I believe is freedom of choice.