Music Is Good For The Soul

Stacy - Beaverton, Oregon

Music is everywhere, you just don’t realize it. Whether you are listening to your iPod, or you’re listening to the birds chirp outside your window. Music is music. Music is one of the things that I value most. I can’t live without it. Music is good for the soul.

I recently visited the Alberta Street Fair for the first time. The art, the food, the vibe was absolutely magnificent! The crowds were huge, the performers were amazing, the street was packed. However, what intrigued me the most was the musicians and the bands.

The reason why I went to Alberta in the first place was to support my friends, The Fillers. They were setting up their equipment while the rest of the supporters walked up and down Alberta Street. There was a man with a harmonica, a girl with a banjo, and a man with a guitar. They were people with a similar passion, music.

The Fillers finally finished setting up and started playing. It was the first time I had heard them play, and I immediately fell in love. They love what they do, and they love that other people appreciate what they do for them. The music played blissfully as couples danced to the rhythms of the beat. I couldn’t help but smile. Just watching them happily playing while passing pedestrians raised their eyebrows made me so proud of them.

Thank goodness for the musicians that do what they do best, create something so many people love. I love how every type of music has a different mood. There is hip-hop for when you are feeling upbeat, there is emotional music for when you are feeling blue, and there is just that type of music that makes you just want to enjoy life in every way. Just pop in the CD that you are in the mood for and you will be content.

I guess you could say that music is my passion, the thing that keeps me going, the great desire I cannot live without. Music really is my life. I really do not know what I would do without it. Music really is good for the soul.