Austin - Portland, Oregon

Has anyone ever helped you, from something small like lending you a pencil in class, or something big like helping out your family in a time of financial need? Helping others is one of the big things that helps this world go around.

Think of a time when you helped someone, how did that make you feel after? Usually it makes us feel good inside when we do something for someone. Or how did you feel when someone helps you. A lot of the time we feel grateful and its great to know that there is someone there for us.

There are so many benefits when we help others out. I feel what goes around comes around. If you help out someone, and later down the road you ask that person to help you out, they are going to be a lot more willing to help because they are going to remember the times you helped them. Another benefit is that it makes you feel good about yourself. I always feel great after I help someone out. I know if I were in their situation I would want someone to treat me like I just did to them. You are also looked at as someone who is nice and caring for others, other then being looked at as the person who doesn’t really care about anyone except for themselves.

What do you think our world would look like if no one ever helped other people? There would be no donations for big companies like Red Cross, Make a Wish, Salvation Army, and whenever we needed help with something, there wouldn’t be anyone that we could turn to. It would just seem like no one cares for each other.

Now think about what our world would look like if every person helped someone out. Just took a short time out of their day to help someone in any way. It would almost be heaven on earth. Everyone would be so nice to each other, we could always ask for help and there would always be someone right there for us. I believe that helping others can make this world a better place.