Brennan - charlotte, North Carolina

I Believe

I was riding in my car, blaring the music like always, when I realized music is a huge part of my life. Music is not only for a having a good time it also serves emotional comfort people can relate with. Some of my favorite lyrics are:

“How come I never hear you say, I just wanna be with you, I guess you never felt that way, But since you’ve been gone, I can breathe for the first time, I’m so movin on, Yeah yeah”

These lyrics are from Kelly Clarkson’s song “since you’ve been gone. I am a very independent person which is why I like this song. The song gives me a sense of moving on and being myself.

“Just another day in the real world…yeah, the real world

I can make decisions with no one else believin’ me

I just look inside me ’cause I’ve got my own voice to guide me

It came in a dream, a light so extreme yeah

A voice in my head, and it says “STEP INSIDE THE REAL WORLD”

These lyrics are from Alanis Morissette’s song “the real world”. I can relate to this song because I believe in dreams and making them come true in my life or my “real world”.

I like to listen to music that in general is about moving on with your life, having a good time and not depending on people to live your own life. Each song I listen to gives off a certain feeling for specific emotion. The point is through all this when my emotions go crazy till the point where I did not know how to feel or what do it anymore so I use music to find myself. Being able to relate with someone when going through hard times helps to show you’re not lost in the world around you and you can always do better and be strong. Music is like a medicine for many different sicknesses. I could be having the best time of my life, hanging out with my friends and I would not want to listen to a depressing slow song, I would want to be happy and enjoy my time as much as I could. When I seem to be sad or just upset I listen to a song that will lyrical help me cope with certain feelings I have. I use music everyday to comfort me, no matter where I am or who I am with I always listen to music that will make me happy and everyone else around me. I believe music is emotionally comforting and can always help when you are in need.