Georgia - charlotte, North Carolina

I don’t plan on going to college after I finish high school. My parents came to the U.S when they were about 12. They both started working for there aunts and uncles. My mom got out of school right at 10th grade because her family was very poor and the only way to make ends meet was for her to work. My father went to school for only four years in Greece and his family couldn’t afford anymore school. My parents got married and then wanted to start some kind of career so they can be wealthy and to not have to make their kids work like they had to.

My point to all this is I think it’s not very necessary. Not because my parents didn’t go but because I think it’s not needed in my life. I am not saying that i am very bright person. The work that I am going into doesn’t need you to be smart I have common sense and I don’t need to be street smart for this job. If I have planed my life from now and it’s going to be hard for me change my mind. I have been through some troubles with my family. Like when I was talking to my mother she said “I was stupid because I am going to end up like her being tired all the time”. I told her I didn’t care and that its going to be my life and ill deal with it. Also my sister told me I am picking a stupid job but I said I will be making four times more than she will. I have already found a career for me and that is to take over my parent’s restaurant.

I talked with my parents recently and told them im not going to college. They told me the only way that I get the restaurant is that I have to go to school. Even if that means just for a couple bussiness classes. So that I will know more then what they knew when they opened up their restaurant. So I am going to have a hard battle for the next two years to figure out what im going to do with my