sarah - charlotte, North Carolina

No two people are the same. Not just physically but emotionally too, there are so many different emotions and thoughts running around in my head and I’m just one person in the world. Human beings can’t help but be emotional, stubborn, and quite ignorant and all of these things cause conflict. When someone around me is ignorant it annoys me so much and I get agitated with them and finally lose my patience. Everyone does and there is no stopping it; when one person gets mad it’s like a domino effect, the anger transfers from one person to another and eventually there is so much anger that a war starts.

I believe that world peace can’t exist. I have talked to many people that have had different opinions then me. I have seen many fights and have been in many arguments with many people. As humans we all have separate opinions and we are too strange to listen to someone else’s opinion. Personally, I can’t stand when someone else tries to shove their opinion down my throat. World peace is a two way street, good and bad. Many accomplishments have happened because of war and killing. I shouldn’t shoot someone just because im scared of the even though war achieves things. Either way I look down that road I just can’t see world peace happening. I get angry and I’ve lost my temper, you will never be able to stop anger or any emotion that you feel.

I’ve learned that no matter how many people buy peace, love, and happiness shirts it will never come true, worldwide at least. There is always going to be anger and hate and weapons. Of course I have peace in myself but I can never trust everyone on the earth. The farthest I can go with peace is within myself and within my friends.

Since I’m not out searching for this miracle, I’m doing better things with my life. I’m not wasting my time by searching every inch of the house looking for a Christmas present that I know I’m never going to get . There is no point in false hope. So I can enjoy my life with my friends and continue finding who I am, what I’m going to do and what I’m doing at that time. Now I can live my life to the fullest.

I’m content with life, enjoying every minute of this life whether it’s full of rage, happiness, sadness or all around crazy because that’s what life is all about. I don’t look around the corner before I turn. I’m ready for what’s coming my way and I’ll be glad to see it.