Kristen - Fairfax Station, Virginia

I believe in little things adding up to become everything that matters in life; the good hair days, the movie night you spent with a bowl of popcorn, and the football where you cheered for all your classmates. I think it is important to believe that spontaneous moments will come together for a really great day, just when you needed one. There are so many things to put your faith in and I believe in finding the right combinations of all those little things in life that bring you the greatest happiness.

I believe in the innocence of youth because you know what? If your little sister wants to steal a cookie, is it really going to hurt anything? The opportunity to experience life before “carbs” start to matter should be cherished. I believe in having ambition to always think big and set your goals high. Maybe a fear of heights won’t be totally overcome, but diving in off the high dive is no small accomplishment. I believe in courage. Not to say that you’ll run into a burning building, but when the right thing comes along, however small it may be, choosing the harder path because it’s the right thing to do will make the world a more beautiful place. I believe in spending Saturday afternoon in the park for a family picnic. I believe that colors really do brighten up a room, and little by little your world. I believe that a little encouragement could go a long way. I believe in eating peanut butter out of the jar. And, I believe that when you put all of these things together, you get life.

A life that will be lived exactly how you want it to be lived; Filled with endless moments that will bring you happiness, even though you’ll never be able to remember them all. I believe that the only way to approach a meaningful life is with the ability to find a set of values and principles for you to designate your life to.

So maybe for you, you choose to believe that black and brown really can match. Should commonly accepted fashion laws prevent you from mixing your favorite black shirt with brown pants? No. Maybe you choose to believe that a positive attitude really can make a difference. For you, it will.

I believe that there is never one way to do any particular thing in life and that everyone’s ability to be unique is what makes life interesting. All the little details that differ from person to person make up the differences between people. We see all of what we want to see, and understand only what we put effort into understanding. I believe everyone should realize the things that matter most to them in their lives, no matter how big or how small, and live by the path they choose to set for themselves. I believe in believing in something, anything, or everything. It’s the only way to truly be you.