Forgive and forget: Learn to Open Your Heart

John - beaverton, Oregon
Themes: forgiveness

People say forgive and forget, kiss and make up. Well we all know that more

times then not it’s easy. You get into a fight with a friend, girlfriend or boy friend. But maybe your friend rats you out or leaves you out to dry and you get in some trouble. How can you forgive that.

If you get into a little argument with your friends and it escalates into something bigger you might not talk for a da or something. Its not gonna rewind that friendship, its just gonna take a little work and apologize and things will be good again. Last week me and my friend JJ got into a fight about a song and it was stupid but it got really heated and I just said forget it and went home. I didn’t talk to him all that night but the next day at school I went up to him and we talked it out and things were good.

What if your friend hangs you out to dry or rats you out? That is way harder to forgive then a little fight. It’s very tough to forgive a friend that hurt you or made your life hard. They might feel really bad for what they did and cant do anything till you are ready to forgive and give them a second chance. It is hard and it will take time but it needs to be done for them. This summer when I was hanging with this girl I liked and JJ was trying to hook us up but they ended hooking up and I got really mad and didn’t talk to him for a long time just last week was when i talked to him. I got up the courage to forgive him and I realized how bad it was to have lost that friendship

Second chances are very necessary. What if you don’t forgive? You will lose a good friend or a relationship that may make your better in the long run. Later in life you will regret not forgiving cause that person will want to be there for you. All it takes is for the person who got hurt too swallow their pride and forgive. After you forgive you will not even be mad and you will defiantly be glad that you did forgive. Not only will it make you feel good that you got a friend back but also the person you forgave. So if you forgive and make good you will feel good and make others feel good and not lose friends.