Lily - hillsboro, Oregon
Themes: birth, morality

“Oh my god I’m pregnant! My parents are going to kill me. I know what to do I should have an abortion!”

WRONG! I believe that abortion is a horrible thing. If your having sex and not protecting your self it’s obvious that your going to end up pregnant. If your to young to work and be responsible for caring, supporting and feeding another human being than you shouldn’t be engaging in sex. I know now days the cool thing is to have sex, But is it cool to see that your friends are going to parties while you have to stay home taking care of your baby. You may also have to care for the men, or boy I should say, that got you pregnant. He says, “I’m not ready to be a dad.” But he was willing and ready to take the risk of getting you pregnant. Problems like this make you want to have an abortion. If you would of used protection or wouldn’t have had sex nothing like this would of happened.

To me aborting is like killing. No matter if scientist or doctors say that it’s ok to abort when the fetus is little. That fetus inside you is a little life. And when some one aborts they are taking the right of someone’s life to live. My mom always taught me to be responsible for my actions. She also taught me to never take the easy way out. So what does the girl at the beginning do? Nothing.

“ I can’t have an abortion because im mot a killer. I can’t take that life way. I’m just going to have to be strong, brave and tell my parents and hope they help me and work hard to give my baby everything he will need. I’m not going to have an abortion.”