Branden - Beaverton, Oregon

I have sat in the classrooms since day one, only to find out that what we have been learning is the is the same thing over and over again. So why don’t we stop and expand more in schools. Let us know what is going on in our worlds.

As I would sit there pondering about what the teacher said, to only think in my brain “what is this going to do for me? What am I going to learn. Listening to my history teacher drag on and on about how the 1900’s was the start of our new lives. And I think to myself what will this do for me. Sitting here for an hour only to preach about things that have happened to America in the past. Should we sit here and learn the same things over and over about America? Or should we move on and learn about what else is in this world to expand our minds?

I believe that most of the time school, teaches us nothing to improve our lives in the real world. What should we change about this? what can we do to make school better. We could teach things that will better our life, that will give us knowledge in college. Will what we are learning now in school help us get a better job? Will it show us how to live in the real world? No it will not. I want to say that must things I have learned in school have not made me who I am today. But I will not sit here and say literature and math did not help me through life. Science and history, however will not get me a job as a cook, or as a business owner. So what should i do to correct myself on what I am doing now to become smarter in school?

I believe we change some things that we learn in history to learn about things outside of America. Lets learn about China, Africa, or even Canada. I don’t want to know when we killed people, I want to know the good things, so that when I go there to visit, so i will know how nice of a place this really is. Lets learn something in science that will bring us out to the real world were we must work to reach our goals.

I believe in a school where a lot of things can be changed to make the knowledge of our brains and the students around us can be changed. Let the average mind grow into something new. Show everyone what you know so that we can gain your knowledge, But to be honest I believe everyone can use their brains a little more then we do.