Kristen - Overland Park, Kansas

I believe that a person’s life begins to have meaning once they have found their passion. Many people go through life without finding the thing that they really love, or they are too split between two for either to have meaning. When a person has a passion in life they set goals; knowingly or unknowingly; that they must achieve. These goals help then to have this passion in their lives.

At this point in my life I feel that I have possibly just wandered through, meaningless, until the last year, having nothing that I really looked forward to or felt I was good at. That would be until I joined the marching band and discovered a new meaning to life. To work not just for yourself or family, but for a collective whole. I also learned how to follow and how to be a good follower, commonly known as a leader. The feeling on reliance within the band is immense and is a key part to our success. All of these personal discoveries came together in my mind to give my life meaning and passion. This newfound passion gave me the internal drive to accomplish goals and do well in other aspects of life. I am sure that other people have had personal experiences like this, causing them to have the need to succeed and drive to do so.

Having a passion in life causes you to find meaning through trial and error and sacrificing for your calling or passion. Some people have unneeded clutter and activities in their life that have nothing to do with what they really love. Some are necessary to success in the world, and other are just set as barriers. When you have a passion it takes up time and causes you to get rid of unneeded activities etc. This is when you discover what you really love. What are you giving up time, money, and other obligations for? What do you look forward to doing? And do you have fun doing it? These would be questions that lead you to what really matters. If you can not find anything you love in life, it might be more subtle or unfound yet. But do not be discouraged, everybody has a special something, keep looking!