Adam - Altoona, Iowa

I believe my existence serves a purpose in life’s equilibrium. For me, everything in life acts like a thriving ecosystem, always leaning towards a balanced environment. I believe to truly never sweat the small stuff in my only existence.

During my last year of high school, I find myself more and more entwined in burgeoning worries. What college am I going to? How I’m going to pay for college? What I’m going to do with the rest of my life? My worries have overwhelmed some of the best years of my life. I know in my mind that everthing will work out for the best because of the hard work I put in my earlier academic career. I believe that worrying about the small things in life draws away from the bigger picture.

Sometimes things don’t happen in life like we would like them too. The worries and cares of my life serve as a test. Letting these tests get in the way of everday tasks can be tedious and worthless. Like school, you are prepared for some tests, and not at all for others. I believe that letting these tests decide our mood can cause pain and hardships.

Keeping a positive outlook on life keeps me happy all the time. Living one day at a time helps me do so. I believe everyone is entitled to this stress free, happy life.