Mike - altoona, Iowa
Themes: love

I believe in everybody’s ability to love. The Beatles are a great example of this. From their first trip to America with their long hair and pop hits to their call of exile from the states, they still stand for peace and love. “Love one another,” were the last words of the late and great George Harrison.

I saw a perfect example of Harrison words at the last concert I attended in Alpine Valley, Wisconsin. It had been raining there for a couple days and the parking lot was all mud, making it fairly difficult to maneuver in a small vehicle. By the time the concert had gotten out the paths already had many tire tracks making the lines of cars coming to a stalemate. Many people decided to get out of line and help the others to get out first. People with big trucks got a chain or rope and pulled cars out that way. I saw some people look than just keep driving, but many people like myself got out and pushed the cars out of the mud with our hands and feet. Nobody got out clean from that parking lot. Having seen this and been apart of it help me realize that people do have the ability to love and take care of each other.

Another good example most of us have seen or heard of is the recent injury to Kevin Everett. This has shown the abilities to love even from football players. In last weeks game with the Denver Broncos and the Buffola Bills, Everett had a helmet-to-helmet hit with Denver’s Domenik Hixon causing Kevin’s Vertebra to fracture leaving him lying still in the middle of the field. As he got wheeled off the field, all the teammates of Bills player Everett began to pray for his well being and no serious injury.

“All you need is love,” is the title of a powerful song written by John Lennon, a band member of Harrison. Lennon was a great leader in spreading peace. Many of his lyrics scream peace and love. After hearing Lennon’s music and being apart of the parking lot help me realize that people do, “love one another.”