Christopher - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: work

Who deserves it most…

Most people believe that if you are talented, you do not have to work as hard as other’s who aren’t as talented. Those who are talented in the classroom say that they do not work hard with their school work, but those aren’t the kids that you see out playing sports.

Ever since I have been in school I’ve never really had the best grades, but I have always been a tough out when I play baseball. It makes my parents pretty mad that I do not get the best grades but some how I can be very good at baseball. If I would put as much time into working hard in the classroom as I do with my baseball then I would be a lot better off! Sometimes when I get my report cards my parents seem to get more and more angrier with me and then I get the normal talk that I haven always gotten from them.

In today’s world you must have some kind of education or else if you apply for a job and someone with an education applies for the same position the chances of you getting the job aren’t as good as the person who has the education. Some people depend on sports to get into college, this would be their only hope for getting a better education and learning to work hard in the classroom and at whatever sport they play.

This is how I will be when it comes time for me to get ready for college, because I’m not the best student but I work very hard and am talented at the sport I play. Some people aren’t as talented as other’s but they work much harder than the one’s who are more talented and that is another reason they will go to college to play a sport and further their education.

This is why I believe that those who are talented at something whether it is in school or play an instrument or a sport still must work very hard at what they do because if they do not work hard then someone else that works hard will be chosen over them.