Everything Happens for a Reason

Jennifer - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: purpose

Everything happens for a reason. Failing a paper, getting a flat tire, or receiving a million dollars. It happens for a reason. I take every event, good or bad, and make something of it. The outcome of something betters my understanding of the way this insane life plays out.

I try to learn from my mistakes. Sometimes it may take a few tries, but every time I take something with me and learn. If I fail a test, I will usually study my brain off for the next big test. A better example might be losing all trust from your parents. I got in trouble by my parents for doing something I shouldn’t have been doing. In a way, I’m glad I got caught when I did. It was bound to happen, if not now, than the next time. I learned more about the way I want to live and how I want to be. I don’t regret it because in the end, I know more now than I did going into it.

The two people I love the most in this world are also my best life lessons. My sister and I went from only worrying about ourselves, to caring and loving for my two younger brothers in a matter of a day. They were adopted into my family three years ago. I have learned more from those two boys who shove worms in my face on rainy days and wake me up in the morning to play dinosaurs than I have learned from anybody else in my life. They were both physically and mentally abused, thrown into a new foster home every other month, and only had one person to count on during those times, themselves. My brothers have grown to love life and be the little smiley boys they deserve to be. If those two random strangers wouldn’t have walked through my door three years ago, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. They make me always push for the best and look for the best. I learned not go give up on something I really want, because someday it’ll work out. My family not only helped out my brothers, but they also helped us out too. Everything happens for a reason, even when they make me mad or frustrated at the end of the day they will always stream a smile across my face.

I have bad times and the good times. I try not to regret the bad, because something always comes as an outcome. I know what to stand up for in the crazy world and who I want to be. There is no way I would be who I am now without some of the events that have happened. My experiences are an unpredictable journey every day. In my life I know everything that has happened, happened for a reason.