Ronnie - Micanopy, Florida
Themes: tolerance

I have an intense interest in trying to understand people, and my self, relating to choices as to how we choose to live, and why. Indeed, my passion in life is to discover the reality of whom I am. The building block of my youth’s environment molded my temperament, social affiliation, and an innate abstraction of behavior. I think of my physical and mental reality as a role of the dice; consequently I feel empathy for those less valued, as in gender, race, ethnicity, and those lacking in mind or body.

It makes no sense to me to judge people of disparity without their choosing. Any man living, if not by the luck of his genes could have been a woman: why on earth can he label a woman as inferior? And then not acknowledge his own dominance as the problem; any weapon bearer has the sole responsibility in choice of use. I believe no person is perfect in any way, we all have genetic deviations; every person is a mirror of our selves without the make up.

I have always felt our society has its fair share of the good, the bad and the ugly in every walk of life. I believe the good, incorporated the behavioral examples of the stable, principled, and the fair-minded. On the other hand the bad evolved to take advantage of every opportunity regardless of the consequences to others. Of which I sometimes feel some respite, however sooner or later they need to recognize their behavior is a dead end. I think of the ugly as a mirror of society: if one feels the necessity to steal for survival, the burden is shared by all of us.

The closer I look at the realities of human existence, the more mysterious it looks. Given that everyone, no matter where located, or their station in life has the basic needs to eat, to breathe, to be welcomed by their peers, and to be loved. To me it’s reasonable to assume we can assimilate that thought to every level of society, be it between two people or the world population. My rational of why human disorder occurs is: the fear that someone will deprive them of their needs, the ignorance that what is perceive may not be factual, and the abuse of power, ‘do unto others before they do unto me,’ or just raw greed.

The people I emulate outside my social sphere are those who live(d) their passion without stepping on the toes of others, a few examples:

Warren Buffet, “decency and common sense triumphs over cosmopolitan guile.”

Emily Dickinson, A DEATH-BLOW is a life blow to some. Who, till they died, did not alive become; Who had they lived, had died, but when they died, vitality begun.

Bob Dylan, The times they are a-changing, Blowing in the wind.

Kahlil Gibran, “For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst.”

Mahatma Gandhi, We are all kin, irrespective of ethnicity or religion (my interpretation).

Socrates, leave nothing to chance (my interpretation).