Brittney - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe that I’ve got to be happy the way I am. I know that I’m not perfect and I’m proud of it .My hair isn’t perfect and my clothes aren’t the best in the world, but that is something about me that makes me stand out. If I would have been perfect then I would have been pretty dull because perfect isn’t always the best thing in the world.

There are different definitions for perfection though. People have something close to perfection like a loved one or a pet. It’s something that is perfect through their eyes, but maybe not to others. There are things that are perfect to me, but maybe not to everyone else. I believe that my family and friends can help make me happy. There are certain things that make me happy and certain things that make me want to look for perfection.

There have been times when I have wanted to be perfect and have tried to be perfect. Now I regret wasting all that time. I once read a quote that changed the way I thought about perfection, it said,” Every 60 seconds you spend angry or upset is one minute of happiness you will never get back.” Then, I understood that there was no such thing as perfection and that I have flaws just like everyone else.

Now I try not to fight with my siblings and I try to remember to do my chores so that I can make my family happy. I am glad that I have stopped looking for perfection in everything. I have now learned that perfection can destroy my life and make me mad. I believe that if I spend my life looking for perfection then I have wasted my life but if I spend my life happy the way I am then I have lived a great life.

I believe that I am great the way I am and that I may have flaws, but my flaws make me an individual so that I may stand out from others. I love my life just the way it is and I love my family and friends. My family reminds me that I am not perfect but through their eyes I am pretty close and through my eyes I think that my family is as close to perfect as they can possibly be. To me my family is all I need to be happy.