Dylan - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe that what’s meant to happen is what’s meant to happen, and I’ve had many experiences with this belief. This is not really one of those beliefs that my parents pound into my head since I was born. This is one of those beliefs that I found on my own and my family just went only with it.

Whenever something bad happens like I lose a pair of shoes, I don’t usually get that discouraged. I mean I’m mad at myself for losing something, but I don’t start freaking out and getting all worried like my mom. I think that if I have a bad football practice or something then I was meant to have a bad practice for some reason so I don’t really worry about it that much. I just come out the next day determined to do better.

For example, I’m in eighth grade this year and this is my first year to be in junior high. We had basketball tryouts in the spring, and I had know idea if I was going to make the team or not. So from day one of the tryouts, I tried my absolute hardest and I knew that if I was meant to make the team or I wasn’t. I think this belief helped me make the team because during the tryouts, I wasn’t focused much on if I would make the team or not, I was focused more on playing basketball. Which I think helped me not be as nervous and do better in tryouts, and eventually helped me make the team.

I use this belief almost every day and in my opinion, it makes me do better in every day activities, especially sports. In sports I’m more focused on what’s happening than what’s going to happen.

Also, since I’m going into eighth grade this year, I’m playing on all sorts of sports teams, such as football. Well this year I didn’t think that I would get to go to church camp because I had four hour football practices everyday the week of church camp. Well I decided that on the day of church camp registration that I wanted to try and go to camp. So my family and I packed my bags for the week and drove me to church camp to see if I could still get in. I ended up getting to go to church camp, and I made all my football practices. I even did pretty well at my football practices. Not just that but I got a lot closer to God that week as well, and I’m very thankful for that. I think that I was meant to go to church camp that week so I did.

I know this belief works for me and I know it will work for many other people as well. This belief has helped me get through many bad times. This is why I believe what’s meant to happen is what’s meant to happen. This I believe.