Erica - springdale, Arkansas

I believe in giving all the glory to God. I believe in using that belief to conquer your fears, and to not really have a belief at all. I was born in 1993 in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was born three months early with little of anything. I weighed less than two pounds and was only fourteen inches long. All the doctors told my mom that almost every thing under the sun would be wrong with me. Well thanks to God nothing the doctors said happened and so because of that today I am the exact opposite of what was said.

Conquering my fears, or a least partial accomplishment, is also important to me. I feel that if you are able to conquer your fears, then you have some type of control of what happens. A few years ago I was able to let go of my fear of spiders and bugs; so now I am able to get rid of that stray spider in my room with out any problem, sometimes doing it better than my older brother and sister. So in doing this I am able to have control over that small part of my life. Also, by being able to do that, I think that it only happened because of the grace of God. By taking these things into account and thinking deeply about them, I realized that I cannot think up a belief worthy of my thoughts and my actions.

Believing in God became important to me around the time I was six or seven. Ever since that time, I have worked on my faith so that it could get me to the place I am now. By using this almost non-existent belief I came to conquer some of my other fears as well, including heights and the dark. And even though I sleep with a light on at night, the fact that I have asked God to help makes me not as embarrassed as I was before. Every once in awhile I think up something that could be my belief, but almost as soon as I do, I always think up a reason why that would not work; of would not fit me and who I am.

So even though I may have been born early, or I might still sleep with a light at night, I use my love for God and my love for myself that I have found through many aspects to become the person I have become with the beliefs that I have. So even if things go wrong, I get through it by giving all the glory I may receive from it to God. This I believe.