Alyssa - Springdale, Arkansas
Themes: equality

I believe that everyone is the same.

Even if a person is ugly, if a person is beautiful, a person is mentally challenged, etc. Even if that, a person should not judge someone on how they look or act.

Or if you don’t approve of it, that person should still be treated fairly, and with respect.

When I was a little girl in the 6th and 7th grade, no one really liked me because I fought with everyone that I met who I didn’t like, and was rude or obnoxious to me. No one wanted to be around me or get to know me. Sometimes the things that I did made my mom sick of me and I had to leave, I had to go to my dad’s house or to another family member. Even there I got in fights with someone random, with someone I didn’t like, or even with my own family.

Even though I acted that way I wanted to have friends. To know how it felt to be loved by family and friends. So my family tried to put up with me, And tried to help me with my problems, Now I respect that, because if they didn’t do that then, Then I probably wouldn’t be in school right now, and doing drug or bad things, still. And I know that I was over weight, and I was shorter than I was supposed to be. I still wanted to have the feeling of being loved. To everyone else I was just a bully and an ugly, fat girl.

So when I started to care how my life was going to be in the future, I started to change my ways. All throughout the 8th grade, I started exercising, trying my hardest at school, and I got into sports to keep me busy from fighting and to help me get healthier. Now that I am 15 years old, in the 9th grade, I’m beautiful, in shape, healthy, smart, confident, and the best thing that I love about myself is that, now I show respect to others that deserve my respect. So what I believe in is that even for someone who is/was in my situation, that they should respect others no matter how that person looks or acts.

When you prejudge someone, you are just putting out the impression that you are just as selfish and as disrespectful as the other person. Then that person or other people, will prejudge you wrongly, or will mistake your personality with something its not. If someone disrespects you, then you should just ignore them, because all that they are trying to do is mess with your head to think that you are something your not. I believe that no matter the color, size, height, weight, or personality, of a person. You should always respect someone even if u don’t like them.