Joey - Springdale, Arkansas
Themes: family, love

Our society uses the word hero in many different ways. Hero’s are everyday people who make the world a better place to live and play in.

I believe a hero is a person by word or action that makes the world a better place to live in. A hero in my life is my dad. He does not do anything that saves the world but he does help the elderly people. My dad works with a medical company that delivers wheel chairs and diabetic shoes. What makes my dad a hero to me is that I know he is going through a lot of pain and stress, and that he can never seem to sleep much, but he always gets up in the morning and goes to work to provide for my family no matter how much pain he is in.

Another reason why I believe my dad is a hero is that he always taught me to defend people no matter how much I would not like too. If somebody is always down, and in need of some kind of help, my dad will be there to help get that person back on his or her feet.

A interesting fact about my dad is that he has seven kids to deal with. Peter, 16, Emily, 14, me and my sister Haley, 13, Anna, 11, Zach, 8, and Ben, 2. So he doesn’t only have to deal with me but six other kids.

Something else that makes my dad a hero is that he is my dad. I think that just being my dad is the best thing that he can do in order to be a hero. He is being a hero for me at home when he is just playing with me, or helping me with the baby or with my homework. I know this may sound like everyday things for a dad but it really means a lot to me that he is taking off time of stuff that he needs to do for work to help me out. Also he is a hero when he shows me how to use tools to help him with building a room or adding trim to a room or putting rocks up on the house.

These are all reasons why my dad is a hero in my eyes but the biggest reason that my dad is a hero to me is that he brought me in to this world. I mean if it was not for him I would not be typing this essay right now for learning about our society and about the amazing world we live on.

Certainly you can see by just walking out side of your house that our society uses the word hero in many different ways, but I think of a hero as a person who stands up and helps protect the little people like me and my friends. That is what makes my dad my hero in my life.