Alysia - Jacksonville/Ar, Arkansas

I Believe

I’ve had so many thoughts on whether dogs go to heaven or not. Will there be a place prepared for them? Is there a higher dog in charge of all dogs judging whether they go to heaven or hell, or do they all get free admission into heaven‘s pearly gates? Does it truly depend on the choices they or their owner made for them on earth? Now that’s what I always had in mind. I sometimes wonder if I should I believe it‘s true. Should I be cautious about some of the choices Spot makes for himself ? I don’t think so. I think. . . I should just let him live his life to the fullest. He shouldn’t have to worry about death because it never matters in the end. He should just have all the fun while he’s here on earth and do all the things he never imagined doing before, share all the barks he never shared before.

At the tender age of nine I was in love with all different kinds of animals. I had a dog name Spot, whom I loved with all my heart. Spot received lots of my attention from the moment I woke up until I was tucked tightly into bed fast asleep. Spot was a wonderful pet and we made a lot of memories. Sometimes he would chase me up and down the street and would even follow me to school. Come to think of it, Spot never looked both ways when crossing the street. With cars driving up and down the street, he could’ve been hit. Would he go to heaven? or do all dogs go to heaven?

Four months later, Spot died unexpectedly. Just as I suspected, Spot was hit by a car. I was sad, but in the end, I knew he was in a better place. Whether if he had lived a good life or not. Never had I imagined that it would happen so quickly. Afterwards, I dug a hole right by the huge tree in my backyard. All my worries were gone . I said a little prayer and wished him a safe trip for his journey between the clouds.