Practice Makes Perfect

steven - Canada
Themes: work

I believe practice makes perfect. If everything just came to you without practice, we would all be the same. Practice and the love of succeeding is what separate us as humans in our goal to perfection. The ones who put the most time and effort into their profession, hobby or whatever it may be get the greatest result of all, knowing that they are getting closer and closer to their dreams everyday.

When I was younger I always thought that I was good enough at golf to just play around, have fun, and with time, my skills would improve and gradually I would get better as a whole. I soon realized this enjoyable plan I had didn’t really work, I quickly discovered the kids I was playing with could hit it farther than me , straighter than me; you name it if I could do it they could do it better. After one of the worst weeks of my life, I remember going home and talking to my brother about how to succeed, whether it was golf, school, or life it didn’t matter I just wanted to know how to improve. He told me that the only way to improve on something in this world is to believe in your goals and to practice them over and over again. He also said you can never practice too much if you want to be the best at something. Ever since he told me that I have been practicing at everything that I have tried.

Even the most adept athletes, writers and musicians will tell you without practice they wouldn’t be where they are now and they constantly endeavor every day to get better, raising the bar of success. I’m not saying that if you practice all the time you will become the greatest at what you do, but I’m sure that with practice and positive thinking you will become the best you can possibly be, and that is the most important thing any one can ask for.