Akilah - North Little Rock, Arkansas

“What goes around comes around”

“Leave it to karma what goes around truly will come around”. I was getting ready for a big day ahead of me. I had lots of runs to make but inside I just knew today was going to be a good day, after all, I was getting my hair braided. This was going to be a 60-dollar hairstyle, but I knew it was going to be worth it because the hairstyle itself takes 7 hours. So I have all my stuff together and I’m ready for my big day.

Finally I get to Little Rock from Conway and make it to my boyfriend Marcus’ house. He drives me to the beauty shop and I get my twist braids. Yes, finally I am feeling real good. I leave the shop with Marcus and we head home. Once we get to the house we watched a little television and I dosed off.

When I got up I realized I didn’t have my phone or my purse; I must have left it in Marcus car. I go outside to get my things but the car is gone. This really sucks because I left 100 dollars in my wallet, which was in my purse. I go back in the house to tell Marcus what was happening and he lets me know that his brother and cousin went to the club in the car so I would have to wait until they got back. Oh my gut feeling was my purse is definitely not safe around those thugs. I tried not to think too much about it but I couldn’t even sleep for thinking about my belongings left for grabs.

Later that night, they finally come back with the car and I immediately without thinking, run outside to retrieve my belongings. I find that everything is in it but my money. It was not there; I couldn’t believe it. I knew one thing; either my boyfriend’s brother or cousin stole my money or maybe even both of them. They could have split the money between themselves.

I was so disgusted; I couldn’t believe Marcus’ family would steal from me. I was like family to them. I did not know what to do. Marcus and I talked about it and we put the Bible into the situation. We knew that whoever stole the money wouldn’t own up to it so we prayed that whoever stole the money would be exposed and pay for their wrongdoing because after all what goes around really does come around. The very next day Marcus called me and said that his brother and cousin were put in jail for driving with a suspended license. I couldn’t believe it the belief I believed in really was so real to me especially now that it was put to the test and worked. God works in mysterious ways.