Katie - North Little Rock, Arkansas
Themes: Christianity

I believe everyone believes in something. In the dictionary, the word Believe means to have confidence or faith in the truth of. I read an article on that a man is beyond Atheism by saying not believing in God is easy. My personal experience has taught me that it would not be easy for me to not believe in God.

To start off, I can say that Yes I am a Christian who believes that Jesus Christ came to the earth and died on a cross for our sins. My personal experience has completely changed my life. I was born into this earth not knowing love, true forgiveness, and actual truth. My heart yearned for a truth to believe in from the very beginning.

I became a Christian at the age of eight years old but I did not fully understand until I was fifteen years old. I realized that what I was truly yearning for was Jesus to fill my heart. I looked into a deep tunnel of my life and saw that nothing in this world could give me the satisfaction that I needed. I saw the beauty of nature, the happiness of others around me, and miracles of healing in my family but still, my heart was still longing to cling to what was the root of it all..

I came to a point in my life, being a young freshman in high school… of finally knowing what I saw everyone around me looking for….IT WAS JESUS! So now I can see others searching out there trying to find what to believe in whether it’s drugs, sex, stealing, comparison of others, evolution, being famous, and maybe even leaders of the world. There are other religions out there in the world. I have studied different backgrounds but yet have no found another religion factual like Christianity. The root of each one of these is not truth. Everyone believes in something and I believe I have found truth.