Chadd - Gladstone, Missouri

I believe in many things. I believe in Good and Evil, Light and Dark and the Gray area in between. I believe in Love and that you have more than one chance at it. I believe that when you do find it, hold onto it and don’t fuck it up. You may get more than one chance, but you don’t get a dozen. I believe that you have to work at relationships, and that not everything is strawberry jam. I believe that arguments can be healthy, and that make up sex helps you both see how silly it was in the first place.

I believe that Man is here to take up space, just like everything else. I do not believe, though, that you should waste your life. I believe that everyone is going to have a Moment in which they will have to step up and make a difference in a way which will forever affect another person’s life. I believe that Humans made up Religion to make us feel better about not knowing. I don’t believe that you need Religion to be Spiritual.

I believe Mountain Dew was invented to keep programmers, college students and teenagers awake. I also believe it was put upon us to test our stimulant threshold.

I believe that kissing can be better than sex. Especially within the first five minutes after you meet that sexy someone, and both of you have decided that this is a really good idea.

I believe in the ideal of America. I do not believe in most of the people that are running it for us.

I believe that you should say whatever the fuck you want. Just not in the middle of a movie theater, at the top of your lungs.

I believe Superman is Clark Kent, and not the other way around.

I believe that comic books are quite possibly one of the most ignored, understated mediums of pop art, and literary influence.

I do not believe that violence will solve anyone’s problems in the end.

I do believe that sometimes you have to bruise your knuckles ,and fight. There are some things that must be protected, and some people may not always understand any language but that which is served through defense.

I believe that Kevin Costner’s speech in Bull Durham was almost dead on.

I believe you need to run the race to win it. That doesn’t always mean coming in first but perhaps just beating your own expectations.

I believe that Sunday mornings are best between clean sheets, with her, ignoring the sun, and closing yourselves off to the rest of the world, while you tell her how much you love looking at her eyes and feeling her legs with the fingers of your hands. I believe that a woman’s body is a beautiful, miraculous thing.

I believe that coffee is here to help me not seriously maim people before 9 am.

I believe that sometimes modern life IS rubbish.

I believe that belts are here to hold your pants up, not to hit your kids with.

I believe that men do need to do a little grooming here and there. I do not believe that the length, or style, of your hair should determine the ability to do a job well.

I believe that the persistence of willful ignorance in this world will be our downfall.

I believe that Love is color, race, nationality and sexually blind. I do not believe that being gay or bi is a mis-trigger of your genetic make-up or that it’s some choice you made sitting on the edge of your bed one morning. It’s you love who you love that that’s what determines your perception.

I believe that we don’t give children enough credit.

I believe in public schools because they are what we make them.

I believe that sometimes you have to eat ice cream late at night to make your Heart feel better.

I believe in taking your shoes off and walking through the fountains in the middle of an August night.

I believe in showing my children the joy of being able to lose oneself in the pages of a book.

I believe that the book is always sexier than the movie.

I believe you should try and learn a second language.

I believe that kids should be able to drive at 16, instead of just having a bunch of inexperienced 18 year olds out there instead.

I believe in having a party, dancing with your drink in hand, and smiling at the girl with the freckles, in the red top.

I believe everyone should see the ocean.