Catch me if you can

Brandy - Conway, Arkansas

Do you think you can get away with anything and everything? Do you think nothing bad will ever happen to you? I used to, until my luck turned on me. One summer when my brother and I went to Magic Springs, we found a wallet sitting on top of one of the lockers. Instead of turning it in, we decided to keep it. While driving around Hot Springs with this strangers wallet, we were trying to figure out what to do with it. Finally we came to a conclusion, spend it! We used some of the cash out of it to buy lunch at Fire House Subs and then we ventured on to Wal-Mart and bought some stuff. After we were done spending money that was not ours, we mailed the rest of it back to the man. About six months later, while I was at school, I went to use the bathroom and left my purse in my classroom. When I came back in, I realized that someone had gotten into my purse and taken all of my cash out of my wallet. Boy, was I mad. It made me think back on how that man must have felt when he couldn’t find his wallet.

Cheating. You think you can get away with it and it will never happen to you. Think again. I made a mistake of cheating on one of my boyfriends one time. I know it was a horrible thing to do, but, I did it anyway. I kissed another guy, not thinking much of it. Later on, I found out that my boyfriend at the time, did much more with another girl. It made me a little upset at first, but then I realized that I had done the same thing to him.

Stealing and cheating are bad, but lying to a friend can be even worse. You know when one of your friends tell you something and says “Don’t tell anyone” and you respond with “I wont, I promise.” Keep that promise! When you go behind their back and tell the other person that they were talking about them, they will definitely find out that you didn’t keep it a secret (even though you promised you would) and they will be very, very angry. Then your friend will more than likely not trust you with anything anymore and she will go and tell everyone all your secrets that you have told her.

So next time I decide to do something, I will think long and hard. You never know what effects your actions will have and you don’t know if what you do to someone else will happen to you. After experiencing these things, I definitely believe that what goes around, comes around.