Matthew - Russellville, Arkansas

She can cook and clean. She is a loving wife and mother. She has a great sense of humor and loves to watch cheesy movies on the Sci-Fi Chanel. She is very strong person for someone with cancer. This woman is my mother.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2003 with little or no hope of going into remission. Despite what the doctors said, she underwent Chemo therapy and fought it until it was gone. She finally went into remission. The doctors were amazed and confused about how it happened. My mom said it was God and no one argued with her. Her faith made our faith stronger.

Fall of 2004 the cancer came back and she started Chemo again. She still could function and she kept the cancer under control. Christmas came around and she is still doing well. She is not in any pain and we are glad God has let her live. My mom still cooks, cleans, and watches her cheesy Sci-Fi movies.

Fast forward to Fall of 2005 and you will see her in a wheel chair with a morphine pump attached to her body. She is still as strong as always, maybe not in body, but in spirit. Christmas comes around and she has a cold. The cancer patients’ worst enemy, being sick, puts her in the hospital for Christmas day. Still as cheerful as ever, she is just happy that her entire family could be there with her. Her faith in God’s plan grows as she realizes what she was put on this earth to do.

February of 2006 she starts hallucinating from having to be overdosed on morphine to deal with the pain. In her sleep you can hear her quote scripture. Whenever she is in a state of mind when she isn’t hallucinating she is still very cheerful. I talk to her all of the time and she tells me she is ready to die. She tells me that she doesn’t want to give up. She is still strong enough to believe that God’s plan is right for her. On February 13, 2006 she ultimately wins the battle with cancer. Her impression and her strength live on today in everyone she came in contact with. God’s plan for her was to make everyone else stronger.