Forgiveness is all it Takes

Brittany - Magnolia, Arkansas

I believe that we should forgive all who hurt us. I have never cherished my family more than I do now. I have hugged, laughed, and talked with each one more than ever. I want to make every moment I’m with them special. Until recently, my family has been pretty ordinary. We have celebrated all the traditional holidays together. Everyone has their problems and spouts, but for my family, when tragedy struck, it changed my family.

On January 20, 2005, my grandfather suddenly passed away leaving behind my grandmother, two sons, a daughter, and seven grandchildren. My grandfather was the rock that held my family together, and a peacemaker. In the first year after his passing, we grew closer as a family. We spent more time with each other and took care of one another. That first year was all it took to find out more than we wanted to know about each other.

My grandfather, grandmother, dad, and uncle all had part ownership in a business together, a deal that my aunt chose not to invest in. Therefore, when my grandfather died the family soon split, because of greed and money. My grandmother’s true feelings were expressed when she chose her favorite and most needed child: my aunt. In doing so, she abandoned her two sons and their children, and now they do not speak to us. Forgetting that she had two other children who needed her as well, she became interested only in taking what they had. She was never worried about the rest of her family, only worried about herself, my aunt, and her children.

I forgive you.

Everyone has secrets, everyone has true feelings that they keep inside, and you just never know them until tragedy hits. I will always love my grandmother and family, I just pray to God that we all learn to forgive and forget. No matter what happens you should forgive and forget. I think if people try to work out their problems and talk about the issues that make the problem. Coming to a resolution that all parties can live with would help make many happier endings. Forgiveness is a key step to reconciling your problems this can be the start of a healing process. Hopefully this will open the doors of communication before it’s too late. Forgiveness is all it takes.