Keana - Conway, Arkansas

How Interested are You?

I know that everyone has something that does not catch his or her eyes. It could be something like sports or even different types of food. I can recall my twelfth grade year, sitting in my sixth period physics class. See I never was interested in science of any kind. I do not know if it was just the teachers that I was stuck with or if it was because O just did not care. I always said to myself, “I must have A.D.D.,” you know Attention Deficit Disorder. I thought I had this disorder because I would always get my things prepared to take notes, but by the end of the class period I would have nothing but my name, the date, and the class period. It was like my mind would get lost in thought. I would day dream about everything from what kind of food to eat after school to how many more minutes of class is left.

On the other hand, my favorite subject of all time is English. One of my pet peeves is when someone talks incorrectly and it is noticeable. I think that I like English so much because it is too easy. Also, when it comes down to getting a long-term job, people listen to the way that you speak. To me the way you talk says a lot about you. English is somewhat a to me as well. Think about it. In Spanish, every vowel has the same sound no matter what work you put it in. The “a” is still going to make sound like the “a” in father. However, in English the vowel “a” has very many sounds that it can be used for.

After reviewing my grades from both physics and English, I realized that my interest shows in my grades. My physics grades would always seem to be slightly lower than those in English. I would receive grades such as C’s in physics. I knew this was because I did not like it and therefore I did not pay therefore I did not pay attention in class. In English I would get no grade lower than a B, and I knew that is was because I actually focused on the classroom lessons and assignments. This comes to show that it is harder to accomplish something that does not interest you.