Roneca - Conway, Arkansas

I Believe in Succeeding in Everything I Do

I believe in succeeding in everything I do. When I first entered McCrory High School, I realized that there were many goals that I needed to accomplish to fulfill my hopes and dreams for the future. These goals included: graduating with honors, being a great leader, and being able to get acquainted with my fellow classmates. So, I began setting these goals and worked very hard to achieve each and every one of them.

First, I wanted to graduate from McCrory High School with honors. Graduating with honors was so important to me because I knew that I could be successful in life and that I could do anything I set my mind to. Therefore, I began doing all extra work that was available for me to do. I also started reading and doing all homework that was assigned. I had to stay focused and not lose track of anything. I began being active in class discussions and asking about things I did not understand. Some students would get mad because I would ask so many questions, but they did not understand that my education was very important to me and graduating was my number one priority. Making graduating my number one priority made me a member of the National Honor Society, top of my class, and I was a distinguished honor graduate.

Next, I wanted to leave McCrory High School knowing that I was a great leader. In order to achieve this goal, I began being active and joining all clubs that were available for me to join. I was president of my class from seventh to twelfth grade, president of student council, vice-president of the organization Future Career Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), and a member of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). I was also chosen as a girls state delegate, a 2006 homecoming maid, cheered for five years and served as co-captain in the ninth grade and captain my senior year. Being a leader was very important to me because people looked up to me and expected great things out of me and I had to prove that leadership was an important aspect of life and that anyone can be a leader.

Finally, I wanted to be able to get acquainted with all me classmates before I graduated. I felt that making friends with all my classmates was important because once I graduate; I may never see any of those people again. Therefore, I started being more open and before I knew it, I was friends with each and every one of my classmates. This gave me the chance to be able to cherish the memories of the graduating class of 2007.

I believe that all people should put forth an effort to succeed in everything that they do. This can include school academics to real-life situations. Attempting to succeed in everything you do will lead you to your path in success.