Shakyia - Earle, Arkansas
Themes: carpe diem

We should live everyday like it’s our Last

I believe that we should live everyday like it’s our last because we never know when it’s our time to go. Many people don’t realize how precious life can be; some of us will not live to see what he/she will be when they grow up or to see how many children he/she might have.

My best friend’s grandfather worked hard everyday of his life to make sure that his family had everything they needed, but not once did he do any of the activities that he enjoyed; he always said that his family’s happiness was more important. He made plans to visit Africa after he retired, but died a month before his retirement date; never getting a chance to visit the wonderful continent. This past weekend I had to go to one of my classmate’s funeral. It seems like only yesterday we were walking down the aisle at graduation. He was only eighteen years old and ready to venture out into this world that we call life. He ran the stop sign and was hit head on by an eighteen wheeler; I bet that he would have never expected anything like this would happen to him

I watch the Memphis, Tennessee news every night and see the senseless stories about people getting killed. Sometimes the victims are just innocent by-standers. One night a lady that was six months pregnant was sitting outside on her porch enjoying the cool breeze when she was shot and killed by her arguing neighbors. Another night a twelve year old boy was walking home with his cousin from the corner store, and was shot and killed because the police thought he was someone else. I bet that none of these victims had any idea that it was their time to go. If they would have had any type of warning that they were getting close to death, they probably would have lived their life with no regrets. Life is short so live it to the fullest.