Carmil - Conway, Arkansas

I Believe

I believe that parents should teach their children what is right from wrong. I personally do not like it when children disrespect their elders and the parent take up for them.

One day at my high school a student start spreading rumors on another student, so she was sent to the principal’s office. Our principal questions her and then suspended her. The student then got mad, so she started to yell and curse at the principal. The principal then called the child’s mother. The mothers come to the school and the child told her mother a whole different story. The mother not listening to both sides of the story storms into the principal’s office with the child; they both begin to yell and curse at the principal. This is an example of why most children disrespect their elders today. They do not know any better. If a child sees their parent cursing at a school official, they are going to think it is ok for them to curse at a school official. However a child is raised at home, that is how they will act in public. Some parents do not set rules for their children. Yet, do not get me wrong some parents try to teach their children what is right from wrong; the children just do not listen. The majority of parents do not teach their children what is right from wrong.

At my home, I was taught what was right from wrong. I had certain rules set for me. I had a curfew. I had to say yes ma’am or no ma’am and yes sir and no sir. While I was under my parent’s roof, I was not allowed to wear skanky clothing. They taught me how to respect myself. They told me if I act like a young lady, I would get treated like a young lady. Some children are raised in bad environments. For example, I have a friend who lives in a rough neighborhood. Her parents smoked marijuana and drank with her siblings just about everyday. How is she suppose to know that smoking and drinking is wrong to do? Her parents did not teach her that drinking and smoking is bad.

When children do the wrong thing, adults should not get mad at the child. They should get mad at the parents for not teaching their child what is right from wrong.