Jack - Bellaire, Texas

The Absence Of Beauty

The Resonance of Trend

I believe that today, mainstream music is abysmal with the exception of a few. Society today bases everything on trend. If it doesn’t fit into any trend set, they choose not to like it so they won’t be different from everybody else. In today’s society all you need is a couple dance lessons from Blake McGrath, a nice set of American thighs, and your own personal dancing crew that look like the cast from Americas top model. Oh and don’t forget to take lip sinking 101 from Ashley Simpson. You don’t believe me? Turn to MTV and see what happens when they actually do show “music” on their channel. What exacerbates me even more is the mainstreams audience is prodigious. It is inexorable. Because of this the mainstream is parsimony. The mainstream is eminent. They are in control and are inevitable. While the other bands: indie, underground or arcane bands are practically asking for alms the mainstream is basking in Benjamin’s. The reason I have so much animosity for mainstream is mainly because it is a collaboration of pointless lyrics, loud noise, repetitive lyrics, extremely sexually based sound-alike vocalists, who all have emphasis on a chromatic phrase, not on the purpose of the communicative theme and meaning of a song, rather based on the socially accepted trend. I beseech anyone who has the music talent to revolutionize this animus collaboration of so called “music” to propagate what used to be music. There’s already inclement weather due to our obsessive use of pollutants. Don’t allow the music to emulate what cars have done to ozone layers. Do not feel diffident. If you believe what I believe, music should be an expression of ones true emotion and for not ones longing for trend. Good music needs to be in subsistence once again.