Take it Down a Notch

Hollyann - Plainville, Massachusetts

It was a hot, sunny, summer morning. I woke up, had some breakfast, and just chilled out. Since it was of course, summer vacation, I took my time getting ready. Finally, in a cheery mood, I hopped in to my car, and left the house. My car was extremely hot on the inside since the windows were closed all night and I had barely any gas, but I was still in a fine mood. While driving down 1A, I got stuck behind the slowest moving car I had ever witnessed. Without realizing, my mood started to sway and within seconds I was pissed. Now, without air conditioning, being stuck behind a car that’s going close to 20 miles an hour is ruff, but to make matters worse these ignorant, slow moving, idiots had air conditioning because all of there perfectly tinted Cadillac windows were up. Then I realized I was feeling all of this hatred towards one person that I had never known and was judging them on there driving.

I believe everyone needs to take it down a notch and just chill out.

Its not only peoples driving that creates mood swings, its everything. From the clothes they wear, to what kind of deodorant people use, there is always something that can spark a disagreement or a bad mood. People make things out to be way more critical than they should be. Walking down the halls in school you see almost every kind of “group”. You see different brands, Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and Billabong. You see band tees and joke tees. So what if you don’t like what their wearing, they obviously do. The aim to “fit in” and look a certain way is far to high. Everyone needs to chill out and just be themselves. If you like Abercrombie and Fitch, and so doesn’t half of the school, great. Just make sure your doing it for yourself, and not to conform.

Now as I drive down the street, or walk down the hall, I try to be less critical. If I get stuck behind that one driver who decides they think it’s a better idea to go 20 than 35, I tell myself to calm down and just relax. You’ll eventually make it everywhere you need to go, there’s no need to be in a rush. If I’m walking down the hall and I see someone wearing something I particularly wouldn’t like, I’m not going to call that person out on it. Everyone has their own mind for a reason, use it and be yourself, and you know what, take it down a notch and just chill out!