Samantha - San Lorenzo, California
Themes: question

I believe that I don’t really know what I believe. I think the world could be a better place and that it could be 100% more peaceful, but I really don’t know. I support gay rights to a point. I don’t think racism is right at all. Animals should not be abused, even by accident; we should all recycle more, and everyone has the right to vote. Most people should be given a second chance, wars should not happen, unless it is to help others, not just “help” because supposedly there are weapons of mass destruction.

I think there is so much wrong in the world that people don’t know what to believe. Someone tells you one thing yet another person tells you something else; so who do you believe? Out there in the real world, people protest for their rights with marches and billboards. Some day I would like to do that but I don’t have something that I am so passionate about that I would maybe get arrested for it. Just take the presidential election or any other political election out there in the world, they all believe that what they say is right and what the other people say is wrong. I do not want to be like that at all. Even though half the time whatever my mother says goes in one ear and out the other, I guess I’m being a hypocrite because I take sides all the time and I am saying to listen, when half the time I don’t. I do believe that people can change.

Even though I am making it sound as if I don’t believe in anything, I do. I believe that teenagers can find love even though people grow and change as they mature. I believe that people can be great if others give them a chance. I believe that all people are capable of good deeds and love. People should believe in other people and that is what I am trying to do. I guess what I am trying to say is that I believe in believing for something that is good.