Scott - Tucson, Arizona

The world today is full of empty statements, phrases and ideas that are not completely thought through. I believe that people should think more about what they are saying before they say it. It is easy for a person to be confused and believe in a flawed idea with every random thought announced.

Ideas need to be analyzed carefully to be sure that they are true. Take for example the phrase “you have to love yourself before you can love others.” In no way can this expression be true and yet it is constantly being stated. Really, think about that statement for a minute and see how it is not completely true. This was just a spur of the moment idea that was not thought through before being stated. Please be able to support whatever you are saying with any kind of evidence.

There is a lot out there to say and is worth mentioning but they just need to be put through some kind of filter. Instead of blurting out the first thing that comes to mind it is a good idea for people to sit back and ponder about the words going on in their head. People are brilliant and there are things that others desire to hear. Don’t let the mindless drivel take over.

Another good test to see if what you have in mind is worth expressing is whether or not people will listen. If you know that people are not listening or just don’t really care then obviously stay quiet. Remember that friend or any random person who wont insist on announcing everything even though you don’t want to hear it. How annoying is that? If they were to stop and think they would realize that you don’t want to hear it and keep quiet.

Contemplating our ideas is something many of use don’t do on a useful scale. This is prevalent with our statements and the truth behind them. If individuals were to take time and filter what they are going to say, things would be better. If you don’t know what you are talking about, it is probably a good idea to not say anything. Do not let others follow the fallacious path you have created.