Kyle - USA

I believe in the rewards of teaching the young. I believe that helping a child to learn holds the ultimate reward. That a child’s smile can bring happiness to anyone, no matter how desperate the times. I believe that our future lies in the education and teaching of the young.

Teaching children can bring joy not only to the child who is benefiting from it but also to the teacher. I believe that the smile of a child who has learned something and feels great about it is one of the greatest joys that exists is this world. Among the conflict and strife in this world we can always find peace and joy in the smile of a child.

As a tutor at Kumon, I teach many children and help them to learn and achieve. Just gaining one more ounce of knowledge brings them such joy. The look in their eyes and the smiles on their faces when they learn and understand new concepts are enough to show me that my job is worth it and that I am helping them to achieve something.

As a tutor I also come across children who are less willing to learn. This is a challenge for me because they are less willing to cooperate and to let me help them. No matter what I never give up on them because I believe there is nothing that we can’t accomplish. Through the difficulties, tension, strife and stress helping them to finally succeed and realize that they can do it brings such pure and magnificent joy to them and myself. As a tutor there is nothing more fulfilling than this.

I believe that educating the young is one of the most important things in life because they are not only the future of our nation but the future of our world as well. Eventually we will come of age where we must leave the future in the hands of the next generation. When this time comes we can do it happily knowing that we are leaving the future in the hands of those of have been taught well and can be trusted or we can do it reluctantly, knowing not that they have failed but that we have failed them by not providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge for it. I hope that it’s the first option.

The education of the young is not only for the future but for the here and now. To help a child succeed and learn brings boundless joy and happiness. In teaching the young we are also securing a better future for not only us, but the next generation and generations to come by helping those next in line to lead to have the skills and knowledge to do so. This I believe.