Timothy - Tucson, Arizona

I believe in friendship. Good friends in life are like the stitching in a blanket, without them life would unravel. Friends can help at the worst of times, and they can make the best of times more enjoyable. In order to keep good relations I believe you should stay in constant contact with the person(s) or the companionship will not grow or flourish. With a good, healthy, growing friendship you will never feel that you’ve made a mistake in accomplishing your goals, because all you have to do is think of your great relations: which I feel are the best accomplishments of all.

In my life I find that friendship occurs everywhere, no matter how big or how small. You can encounter different types of relationships with clerks at a grocery store, with family members, and with everyday people. Friendship is everywhere; you just have to take the time to look for it. I’ve encountered many relationships and I try to apply the principles of friendship anywhere that I go and to all the people that I meet. My friends all agree that we have a great “group of friends” and that we have something that others don’t -true companionship.

We plan game nights, times to go to the movies, and days to eat out with each other. When we can, we spend all day doing everything with each other. I’ve noticed that our friendship with each other is so great because of our constant contact with each other. Many people in the world are becoming hermit crabs; they stay in their homes on their e-mails, watching television, and constantly staying alone. I feel that this is unhealthy. When I see people doing things without acquaintances many, if not all, of them look sad, lonely, and disconsolate- in other words: depressed. We all need human contact, without it we are starving ourselves from a human necessity.

Humans are social animals, and without face-to-face contact with each other we deprives ourselves from a natural need. The world makes so much more sense when you have friends to help and accompany you through life. Many people are not social and underneath it all they’re unhealthy and unhappy. True companions are the key to happiness and they are what everyone needs. True friendship is what I believe in.