Kyleen - USA

This I Believe: The Value of Friendship

I believe in the value of friendship. Having a strong friendship with a best friend is one of the rarities of life. Honoring the value of friendship is one of the most rewarding gifts that life can give you. Everyone goes through the highs and lows, ups and downs with their best friend, but their friendship is always victorious. I never realized the value that friendship holds until I didn’t have one. The value of friendship can only be admired. This I believe.

Friendship is the core of life. Friendship makes everyone happy. Having someone to share your adventures with. Having someone to laugh with. Friendship is beauty. Everyone desires the ideal friendship. Knowing my best friend for ten years, I believe I have achieved the ideal friendship.

I met my best friend, Brittany, when I was six years old. She lived in the house across the street from me and I went over and introduced myself. We had sleepovers, and went to school together. Little did we know we’d grow to be best friends. We were like sisters. We were inseparable. Around age twelve, Brittany and her family had to move to Mississippi because her father was in the military. They sold their house across the street and headed down the road to Mississippi. When they got down to Benson, Brittany, her sister, her mom, and her dog were in a car accident. They had gotten caught up in the wind of an eighteen-wheeler and their U-haul and TrailBlazer rolled three times. Brittany’s little sister, Mickaela, was ejected from the car, but she was wearing her seat belt. Fortunately, the three of them didn’t have any life threatening injuries. Mickaela came out of the accident with a fractured shoulder, and Brittany and her mom came out of it with cuts and bruises. It wasn’t until my mom brought them home from the hospital that I realized the real value of friendship.

My parents and I welcomed them into our home like we would our own family. Brittany’s dad even flew home from Mississippi to be with them. We had seven people staying in our three-bedroom home for three days. They stayed with us while school was still in, so I didn’t get to spend as much time with Brittany as I expected to. It wasn’t until they left, and arrived in Mississippi, that I realized that I wouldn’t see my best friend for a few years. I couldn’t decline our friendship. This I believe.

All friendships have disagreement, but in the end, pulls through. A strong friendship is a rarity, but I believe I have a strong friendship with my best friend. The value of friendship is the most precious thing in the world. This I believe.