sarah - 85747, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe life is worth living. Every smile and tear contributes to the aspects of life. You only have one shot at living on this Earth so you may as well make it last. Life is something everyone gets a chance at, yet some fail to fulfill. Some let their cup of life brim just to the top, some let it overflow, and some do not full it up enough. Some people focus on the unimportant aspects of life and miss the essentials. Some people focus too much in the past or future. Life is worth experiencing now.

There have been times where I have felt life was horrible and I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore. I have been through dreadful situations, and though they hurt me, they have also helped me. As they say “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger”. I use to think life was a waste of time; I use to think life was swarmed by negativities; nothing happy. It took me while, but I realized life isn’t all that bad. If my life had ever ended early, I would have regretted it. Sometimes when I experience something gleeful, I wonder: what would happen if I never got to experience that moment? What if I never even got a chance to? What if I never drank a cup of coffee, stayed up all night, or walked in the rain? I believe life is worth experiencing.

If I could reexamine my past, maybe I would spot out the things I didn’t realize before. Maybe I’d yank out the negative weeds and thrive on the flowers and sunshine instead. I never really did this before, but that’s why I try to do so now. I used to be such a pessimist, always looking on the grim side of things, but after I’ve had a few epiphanies I’ve transformed into an optimist, and I sometimes act as a realist. It just is not worth the energy to sulk around all of the time. Life is worth enjoying.

My friends and I all come from different families and we all have different stories. Life truly does not give everyone the same piece of cake. Some people I know have gone through different issues and events than I have. Some will never experience some of the joys or troubles I’ve been involved in, and vice versa. Things can only get better or worse. Nothing can happen to me if I don’t allow anything to happen. Regardless of my past, I have a future, and I have a chance to coat it in gold. If my life were ever to shorten then I wouldn’t have the opportunity to better it, so I believe to live everyday like it is my last. Though I sometimes forget to follow that guideline, It would be tragic to miss out on the major and mundane events in life: thunderstorms, falling in love, crying kittens, oatmeal in the morning, for I believe life is worth living.