Jessica - Ekron, Kentucky
Themes: hope

I believe in hope. “Hope is passion for what is possible.” — Soren Kierkegaard. It guides us through our days. Without it we are lost, walking around in the unknown. Sometimes life isn’t always nice and fair. It can be hard to understand and it may feel like it will never get any better. I have had many events in my life that have caused me to lose hope. Don’t ever let anyone or anything steal your hope from you.

When I was six my dad left my life for good. He did love me but he made bad choices. He wasn’t the perfect dad. Sometimes I wish he was still in my life, but I know for now that it’s best that he’s not. It kills me to know he could just walk out without saying goodbye. It hurts to know he treated me the way he did. But now, looking back I have hope that one day I will see him again. It took me awhile to find it, but I got it. Now I see that this happened for a reason, and one day I will understand why this happened.

I’m going through an extremely hard time in my life right now. I’m growing up and realizing life can be extremely hard. Sometimes it is unfair and we have no idea why. It is throwing things at me left and right. I’m losing the best thing that has ever happened to me. Actually losing isn’t the right word because I know that we will be together again. We just have to be apart for a while and take things as they come, day by day. I guess it means our timing just isn’t right yet. I’m trying to be strong for the both of us. The other day I realized that this is tough, but if we believe and have hope that everything will work itself out then we can get through this.

I’m sure all of us have had something in our lives that cause us to believe life is mean and cruel. Without the bad there would be no good. You wouldn’t realize the good in life. Everything would be the same and boring. That’s why hope is something good to have. That way you always have a constant reminder that things are happening for a reason, but you’ll get through them.

Things might get tough and unfair but hope will get you through it. Someone or something could try to take it away. You have to work to have hope but it’s worth it. Hope is the only thing I have right now, and I’m not losing it.