Tinisha - Houston, Texas
Themes: work

Hard-working is the word that can best describe me and what I stand for. I believe in working hard and never giving up; I believe in pushing things to the limit and never backing down when something challenging gets in my way. I believe that hard work is the key of life and if no one ever put forth the effort to do anything, this world would be a whole different place. I believe hard-work has an everlasting cycle that flows from person to person and from place to place. If it wasn’t for me pushing myself I would not be where I am today. If it wasn’t for my teachers working hard to help me understand and teach me how to succeed in their classes I would never be making the grades that I do. It was a little rough down some roads; but let me tell you; I reaped all the benefits. I remember when I was recognized for always staying after school constantly to make sure that I understood everything that was going on in class. Of course no one has to be that strict about hard-work, but that is just how I normally function. I believe deep down, without a doubt that hard-work pays off in the end.

I believe there is nothing better than seeing all my hard-work piece by piece come together and getting the feeling that every thing was worth while. I believe that when I graduate from high school I am going to be very satisfied about my high school years. I honestly believe this because I work, play, and study hard. Hard-work is not just something you put forth once, but I believe it is something that you learn to make a habit. It is something that you can develop at any age, anytime. Most people think that hard-work is something critical, but it really isn’t. It is nothing more than putting at little more decoration on a poster board instead of turning in blank dull looking one, or typing your research paper instead of writing it. Hard-work is what separates the leaders from the followers, and I believe that with a little hard-work everyone can accomplish their goals and go far.