Jazmin - Bowling Green, Ohio
Themes: birth

Every day we make decisions, from your daily activities to making one of the hardest decisions of your life. Should you let this unborn child see the wonders of the world or make a decision that would “benefit” you in life? Everyday many women go back and forth in their mind about the decision to get an abortion. Some choose to follow the advice/pressures/opinions of others. Others decide to make the best decision of their lives, giving birth to a child. Beyond all of the many excuses and pressures I still feel as though that there is not an excuse that can fully persuade me that getting an abortion is the right decision.

There are many deciding factors as to why females decide to get an abortion. Some reasons may be because of the pressures of their significant others or even their mothers, being too involved in school or work, or just feeling as though they are not ready to have that much responsibility. Beyond all of the excuses I still feel like they could take the initiative of protecting themselves. This may also help with the amount of diseases being spread throughout the world. Some just may be in the moment and is not thinking clearly and others may have already had in their mind that that was not an option. Not being there at that moment mentally or just wanting the full pleasure is not an acceptable excuse. For those excuses I feel like they should handle the consequences and repercussions of their actions.

Even in some worst cases their significant others put pressure on them and give them an ultimatum in having them abort a child. I feel like a female should do whatever makes them truly happy. If someone is pressuring them to do something that they truly do not want to do then they should not be with that person. If someone really loved or cared about you or even just decided to take that step, knowing one of the outcomes of it, then they should allow you to make your own decisions. It will be affecting both of their lives but they knew what the outcome may have been. So there is not an excuse as to why they should or should go through with it knowing the outcome of unprotected sex.

One of my friends decided to get an abortion. Not only was she being pressured by her parents but she was having a self conflict. The child would have changed her life tremendously; being in school, having a job, and deciding to go to school in the fall. All of those factors helped her decide what she felt was the right thing to do. At that time she thought that that was the best decision that would benefit her in life. Now she regrets the fact that she helped take someone’s life away. She now wishes that she could go back in time and rethink her choice. She would change the most important decision she has made to date. Knowing all the things that she is going through now mentally, she vowed to never put her self through that again.

From partying and having fun with the girls to realizing that that could all be over. Knowing that your decision will affect your future and everyone in it, you are very hesitant. There is no excuse that anyone could give me, other than the child is still-born, that would make me believe that someone should get an abortion.

Reynolds 3

Even if someone was raped or found out that their child had a birth defect or a disease it is still not a valid excuse. I feel as God is the only one who has the right to take someone’s life. I would rather know that I have brought something great into this life then to have in the back of my mind that I helped murder my own child.