Jonathan - syracuse, New York

Making people happy is tough to come by these days. Money would probably be the first answer that comes to mind when thinking of what makes people smile. After that predictable response, what would most people say? I’m sure everyone has seen the movie or heard the story of how money can not buy happiness. I’m not refuting that argument, but I would like to address the other things that make people feel better about themselves. Whether an individual is living the dream life or not, I believe people will stay above surface with a daily addition of some humor and laughter. How can you laugh and be upset at the same time? Humor in a way extinguishes all of your stress for a period of time. Jokes were not started thousands of years ago for someone to make money in an entrepreneurial scheme. A Joke is a free opportunity for someone to turn a bad mood into a good one.

Everyone has a bad day, no matter how rich, poor, good looking, or popular they may be. Bad days come whether you like it or not, making it something you can’t always prevent. Reacting appropriately to the adversity of the dilemma is what will keep you from losing your hair before turning the age of 40. Stress surrounds everyone no matter what age, as kids want to be older and adults want to be younger. For instance, after your mother calls you to tell you how disappointed she is in how you are performing in school, you find out that the girl you have been interested in just accepted the title as girlfriend to a guy who you thought was your pal. Situations like these put any individual on edge, making them vulnerable to bad decision making. To reduce the chances of a breakdown, it wouldn’t hurt to go pop in an Adam Sandler or Jim Carey movie to restore some good feelings.

After incidents like the one I previously brought up, this victim has a lot of options to face. Instead of frantically swearing or going out to find the closest bar, why not try and laugh a little. I’d say the objection of humor is to make the viewer go from a fixed state to an entertained state. Whether it’s watching a funny video on Youtube or seeing your friend fall out of his chair, you can try and find humor in almost anything. If you can find humor in your life, the load on your shoulders might get a whole lot lighter. From the point in time my mouth moves from still to laughing, the only feeling running through my system is enjoyment. When looking at definitions of the word joke, one word showed up everytime: amusement, and who wouldn’t want to be amused by something comical in a time where laughter works better than money.